Bible Study Opportunities
- JOY Group Bible Study (a women’s group)
- May 9, 16, 23, 30 and June 6: JOY Group is taking a look at and discussing the five points made in a TedTalk called Dying to Be Me given by Anita Moorjani. It can be found at https://youtu.be/rhcJNJbRJ6U. The five points for discussion are: Love Ourselves (May 9th), Live Life Fearlessly (May 16th), We are Born for Humor, Laughter and Joy (May 23rd), Life is a Gift, Not a Chore (May 30th) and Be Yourself (June 6th). Are they biblically sound? Can we relate personally, etc. Do the points she makes work in real life? Or, is it all just wishful thinking? We’d love for you to join us. The group begins at 7:00p in the church office. We suggest that you view the TedTalk (18 minutes) before attending the group.
- Our Summer Reading Book: Falling Upward by Richard Rohr. We plan to get together mid-summer for a meal and see where folks are (hopefully half-way) in the book and then again in late August to discuss after completing the book. At that time, we will also make plans for our fall, Advent and study for Lent in 2018. Description: In Falling Upward, Father Richard Rohr–the founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation–offers a new paradigm for understanding one of the most profound of life’s mysteries: how our failings can be the foundation for our ongoing spiritual growth. Drawing on the wisdom from time-honored myths, heroic poems, great thinkers, and religious texts, the author explores the two halves of life to show that those who have fallen, failed, or “gone down” are the only ones who understand “up.” Rohr takes you on a journey to understand how the heartbreaks and disappointments of life are stepping stones to the spiritual joys that the second half of life has in store.
- Wednesday @ 10:00a: Bible Study and Time of Prayer. Currently studying John Stott’s “Sermon on the Mount”
Sunday School Opportunities
- The Breakfast Club (meets in the new kitchen)
- Pastor’s Sunday School (meets in the church office)
United Methodist Organizations
- UMW Suzanna Circle. Third Thursdays @ 1:30p in the Old Fellowship Hall