We are a Stephen Ministry Church. To find out more about what that means, Click Stephen Ministry
- Festival of Sharing: Gather in Sedalia, MO on the Missouri State Fairgrounds to promote and support projects and programs that respond to hunger, poverty and injustice in the world.
- Loaves & Fishes (Loaves and Fishes – a soup kitchen – is a program of the Catholic Worker Community. FUMC is responsible for the 5th Wednesday of the month meals.)
- Located at Wilkes Boulevard United Methodist Church @ 702 Wilkes Blvd
- Service Hours: 4:00 setup, 5:00-6:15 service, and 6:30 cleanup
- 2017 Service Dates: March 29 (JOY Group Leading), May 31 (Prayer Group Leading), August 30 (Jeanie Pearson Leading) and November 29 (Breakfast Club Leading)
- Mobility WorldWide (PET) (Personal Energy Transportation):Their Mission:Mobility Worldwide reflects the love of God by bringing the gift of mobility & dignity to those in developing countries who are unable to walk. And we will drive this mission because of our passion for our vision. Their Vision: Mobility Worldwide will be a widely recognized and supported nonprofit that provides mobility to the disabled primarily in rural areas of developing nations that rely on production of Mobility Carts in both developed and developing nations in partnership with others who share our mission and values. The benefits of a mobility cart:A child has the opportunity to attend school and receive an education; a family provider can find employment or bring products to market in an effort to provide for themselves and their dependents; beneficiaries can go to church, the marketplace and social gatherings; individuals can travel to local health centers for increased access to needed medical care; recipients have their pride and dignity restored as they are raised to a comfortable level which helps them interact with others.. For online donation options, click HERE . For a wonderful video that describes this ministry. Wheelchairs That Work Anywhere
- Fairview UMC’s Mission Trip to Guatemala: June 17-24, 2017. Nine people made the trip. For a photo album of the mission trip, click HERE!
- Room at the Inn provides a warm and safe place to sleep for the homeless in the Columbia community during the cold months. Fairview UMC 2017 Hosting Dates have not been determined. Hours are 7:00 pm – 7:00 am To see all the descriptions of volunteer positions and specific openings available for this valuable mission, click HERE!
- The Wardrobe (The Wardrobe provides good used clothing for anyone needing it. Clothing is donated by members of the Columbia community. It can be purchased by anyone for a minimal cost. The money made from the sale of clothing is used to provide resources for school aged children each fall. The Wardrobe is staffed by volunteers from churches in Columbia. The Wardrobe is managed by a board composed of representatives from a number of churches in the community. The board manages repairs to the building and paying the bills (heat, water, electricity), and decides on dates for the special sale days.
- Located at 715 Park Ave
- Service Times: FUMC members work the 4th Thursdays of every month (except November and December) from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.
For information on any of these service opportunities, you may contact the church office at 573.445.5391 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER COMMUNITY REQUESTS
Hospice Compassus is seeking compassionate, non-medical volunteers to provide support for terminally ill patients and their families in your community. Through friendly visits to the patient’s home or care center, volunteers offer companionship and emotional support. Training is provided. For more information or to register for the next Volunteer Orientation, call Dale Willis, Volunteer Coordinator at 573.424.8219 or email HERE.
True North (services for victims of domestic and sexual violence); They are currently in need of hygiene products and cleaning supplies including:For more information or to drop off donations, contact Melissa Carson at 573.875.0503 or email her at email@example.com – List of Needs
Voluntary Action Center (VAC) the essential agency providing connections and resources for health, employment, education and housing for low-income residents of Boone County. VAC will be regarded as the agency providing the most value for clients, volunteers and donors.