Office Administrator Position Description
Fairview United Methodist Church is dedicated to equipping disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. As a part time member of the staff, the Office Administrator will work with the Pastor, the Leadership Board, Ministry Team Leaders, and congregants to support the work of the church.
- Manage emails, letters, packages, phone calls and other forms of correspondence
- Create and distribute outgoing communications such as flyers, postcards, print newsletter, Constant Contact emails, social media, and website posts
- Support bookkeeping and budgeting procedures
- Handle rentals of the Fellowship and Activity Center, coordinating with renters and Fairview representatives
- Produce weekly worship materials, such as PowerPoint Presentations and weekly bulletin
- Create and update databases and records for financial information, membership, etc.
- Track and replace office supplies as necessary
- Submit reports and prepare proposals and presentations as needed
- Assist Pastor, Leadership Board, Ministry Team Leaders, and congregants whenever there is an opportunity to do so
- All other duties, as assigned
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Possess clear and kind communication skills through writing, speech, internet/social media
- Proficient in variety of computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Constant Contact, Canva, etc.
- Must have the ability to create an open and welcoming atmosphere
Reporting and Authority
- The Leadership Board hires, evaluates, and terminates employees of the Church.
- The Office Administrator reports to the Pastor
- Goals are set by the Leadership Board annually, during the yearly performance review
- The Office Administrator is accountable for budget and expenditures
This is a Monday – Friday 9 AM – 1 PM in person position.
Compensation will be determined by the Leadership Board and is based on Experience and Qualifications